What are Dental Sealants: Procedure, Cost & Advantages
What are Dental Sealants?
Teeth sealants are a preventive dental treatment that involves coating the surfaces of the back teeth with plastic material. The purpose of getting dental sealants is to protect the teeth from cavities and tooth decay. These coatings are typically used on the molars, which are the teeth in the back of the mouth and are difficult to clean. These teeth have deep grooves and pits that can trap food particles, leading to cavities. The dental sealant will also make brushing and flossing easier, creating a smooth surface on the teeth. Dental sealants are an effective way to keep your teeth healthy and prevent cavities.
Why Do You Need Dental Sealants?
If you are prone to dental decay, you may need dental sealants. This is because of dental sealants:
- They protect your teeth and keep them looking and feeling healthy.
- The sealant protects the tooth from decay-causing bacteria.
- The sealants can fill tiny pits and grooves in your teeth, making them smoother and easier to clean.
- They’re easy to apply and can last up to 10 years with proper care and maintenance.
What is the Step-by-step Process of Getting Dental Sealants?
Sealants can be applied in a single visit to our Pflugerville dentist’s office, and the process involves:
- First, our dentist in Pflugerville, TX, will examine your teeth to see if they are suitable for sealants.
- Our dentist will clean your teeth. This will help remove any stains that may have accumulated on your teeth and ensure your teeth are ready for the sealant. They will also separate the teeth with an absorbent material to keep them dry.
- Then they will apply a mild acid solution to the chewing surface of the tooth to roughen it so the sealant material can quickly bond to it.
- Finally, they will apply the sealant material and use a curing light to harden it. The process usually takes only a few minutes and can help protect your teeth from decay for several years.
What is the Cost of Getting Dental Sealants?
The cost of dental sealants can vary depending on the type of coating used. Generally, sealants range from $20 to $60 per tooth, with an average cost of $45. Remember that your insurance plan may cover this cost, so check with your provider before scheduling an appointment. Some dentists may offer discounts or payment plans if you require multiple sealants.
What are the Benefits of Getting Dental Sealants?
Below are the advantages of getting teeth sealants:
- Dental sealants protect teeth from cavities by creating a protective barrier in the grooves of the teeth. When applied correctly, dental sealants are very effective in preventing cavities and can also help prevent other dental problems such as tooth decay, dental caries, and even gum disease.
- Dental sealants are an excellent way to ensure that your oral hygiene is in top shape, offering an extra layer of protection.
- Dental sealants are safe and effective and can be used with any tooth surface.
- They strengthen teeth. The plastic coating is applied on the pits and fissures, which will strengthen the teeth and protect them from acids that cause cavities.
- They can also help you avoid costly dental procedures in the future by preventing cavities and other forms of decay.
- Sealants are ideal for all ages.
- Dental sealants do not require any drilling.
- Teeth sealants are long-lasting. Sealants can last up to 10 years with proper care and can be reapplied if necessary.
Get Dental Sealants Near You
Dental sealants are an essential part of preventive dentistry and can help you maintain a healthy smile. The process is relatively simple, painless, and relatively low cost. The benefits of dental sealants are numerous, as they provide protection against cavities and can help reduce overall dental costs in the long run. If you want to protect your teeth and keep them healthy for years, sealants are suitable for you. Contact The Grand Family Dental now for more information about getting dental sealants in Pflugerville, TX 78660!