Different Types of Dental Veneers: How to Choose the Right One
What are Dental Veneers?
Teeth veneers are a cosmetic dental procedure that involves placing thin, custom-made shells on the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. They are often made of porcelain or resin composite materials and can be used to correct various issues, such as chipped, stained, or misaligned teeth. Getting tooth veneers from our dentist in Pflugerville, TX, 78660, typically involves several steps and is done in two dental visits.
Why Do You Need Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers offer great benefits like a great option for people:
- Improve the appearance of their teeth. These thin shells are made of porcelain or composite materials attached to your teeth.
- Improve your teeth’ shape, color, size, and overall appearance. Veneers can cover up teeth that are chipped, cracked, or discolored, as well as close gaps between teeth.
- Make teeth appear straighter and more symmetrical.
What are the Different Types of Dental Veneers?
Teeth veneers are thin, custom-made shells that cover the front surface of your enamel to improve their appearance. Several types of dental veneers are available, each with its unique features and benefits, and it is important to know before getting tooth veneers near you.
1) Porcelain Veneers
The most common type of dental veneer is made from porcelain. Porcelain veneers are highly durable and resistant to staining, making them an excellent choice for individuals who want a long-lasting solution for their dental issues. Proper care and maintenance can last more than a decade or longer. Another pro of porcelain veneers is that they look incredibly natural, so no one can tell that you’ve had work done on your teeth.
2) Composite Veneers
Composite resin veneers are another popular option among patients. These veneers are made from a tooth-colored composite material bonded directly onto the tooth’s surface. Resin veneers are affordable compared to porcelain veneers and require less preparation time since they don’t need to be fabricated in a laboratory. However, they may not last as long as porcelain veneers and may require replacement after a few years.
Lumineers are ultra-thin porcelain veneers bonded directly onto the teeth without requiring any drilling or removal of enamel. This makes them a very conservative treatment option for people with minimal tooth damage but who want to improve their smile. Lumineers are also reversible, which means that if you change your mind about having them, they can be removed without damage to your teeth.
How to Choose the Right Type of Teeth Veneers?
Teeth veneers are a great way to improve the appearance of your smile, but with so many types available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right option for you:
- Consult our veneer dentist in 78660 to determine if the shells are a good option.
- Consider the material the veneers are made of. For example, porcelain veneers are the most popular choice because they look natural and durable. Furthermore, composite veneers are more affordable than porcelain veneers.
- Shape and size of the veneers. Choosing veneers that fit your face and smile line is important so they look natural.
- Color is also an important consideration. Choose a shade that matches your natural tooth color to blend in seamlessly.
- Consider the cost of the veneers and your budget. While porcelain veneers may be more expensive, they are also the most durable and long-lasting option.
- It’s important to consider the maintenance required for the veneers. Porcelain veneers are more stain-resistant and durable, while composite veneers may require more maintenance and repairs over time.
Get Tooth Veneers Near You
Dental veneers are a great option to improve their smile and boost their confidence. With proper care, they can last anywhere from 7-20 years, depending on the material used. It’s important to note that while veneers are a durable and long-lasting solution, they do require some additional care, such as avoiding hard foods and practicing good oral hygiene habits. Contact The Grand Family Dental if you’re considering getting dental veneers in Pflugerville, TX. Call our dentist to discuss whether they’re the right choice.