Children’s Dentistry in Pflugerville, TX
Dedicated to making “Pfun” times for the kiddos!
Just as with other aspects of your child’s health, you are probably concerned with your child’s oral health, including both healthy teeth and gums. Our dentist in Pflugerville TX at Grand Family Dental is available to help the young patients of Pflugerville, TX, to develop and maintain good oral health.
Dr. Reesie caters to each child’s personality and needs on an individual basis. She takes the time and exerts the necessary energy to create a fun, comfortable, and safe environment for parents/guardians and children.
To accomplish dental tx that is as comfortable as possible, we use a variety of methods that go with behavioral guidance, which ultimately encourages our nervous and scared kiddos to be brave, to better tolerate, and accept dental treatment. We offer sedation, so check out our sedation dentistry hyperlink listed below for further information!
Oral Health Concerns for Children
According to our Kids Dentist in Pflugerville TX, Children share some of the same dental issues as adults, such as cavities and misalignments, but there are additional issues that are a concern only in children. Our Kids Dentist Near you can fix them. These include:
- Baby bottle tooth decay: an issue that occurs when a baby’s teeth come into frequent contact with sugars in drinks (including breast milk if it remains unswallowed in the mouth when the baby falls asleep).
- Thumb-sucking: a normal self-soothing behavior in young children, but if it continues when the permanent teeth start to come in (at around age five), the teeth alignment can be affected. This could lead to the child having trouble pronouncing words correctly and can even cause the jaw to become misaligned and the roof of the mouth to become malformed.
- Tongue thrusting: this is the act of closing the mouth to swallow by thrusting the top of the tongue forward against the lips. Like with thumb sucking, this habit can cause a misalignment in the teeth.
- Lip sucking: can occur by itself or along with thumb sucking. Lip sucking can result in an overbite in addition to the problems mentioned previously.
- Early tooth loss: may not seem like a big concern since baby teeth are meant to fall out anyway, but if they fall out before the permanent teeth are ready to erupt, it could cause problems in the mouth. The remaining teeth could change position, and the permanent tooth would not be able to come in properly. Teeth that erupt crooked or misaligned could cause issues like problems chewing or temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems.
Additionally, cavities are a big concern for children. They are most susceptible to this common dental problem because they are still developing their oral care habits (brushing and flossing properly). At Grand Family Dental, we love to educate our patients on how to maintain oral health. Visit us at our dentistry near you in Pflugerville, TX, for assistance in maintaining healthy teeth and gums for every member of your family.
- Cleanings and dental exams
- Direct Digital X-Rays
- Fluoride Treatments
- Space Maintainers
- Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF): Substance used to stop mild to moderate decay from growing.
SIMPLE ORAL SURGERY:
Residents of the neighboring areas of North Austin, Pflugerville, Elgin, Round Rock, Manor, Jollyville and Wells Branch can easily get to our dentist office. Book an appointment with us today.