Sedation Dentistry in Pflugerville, TX
SEDATION OPTIONS FOR CHILDREN/ADOLESCENTS
We offer conscious sedation options to provide better opportunities to create overall good dental experiences for children and adolescents. Sedation dentistry in Pflugerville is tailored to your child as an individual.
- Also known as laughing gas or laughing air.
- Safe and effective means that renders relaxation and reduces anxiety.
- Administered by our dentist in Pflugerville via a nasal hood that covers the nose.
- Quick-acting and wears off with oxygen administration within minutes.
- Patients can go back to doing normal activities after nitrous oxide appointments.
- Can eat and drink as usual before the appointment, however, we advise the patients not to eat heavily less than 1 hour prior to appointment.
ORAL CONSCIOUS SEDATION
- Done in the dental office during morning hours
- Relaxes and produces drowsiness, but the patient will be awake and can respond to commands.
- Depending on medication(s) administered, it can take 20 minutes to 1 hour for sedation signs to present.
- No food or drink allowed after midnight on the night before, or the morning of sedation appointment.
- Patients will need to be supervised by a caregiver for the remainder of the day after the sedation appointment.
Residents in the neighboring communities of North Austin, Pflugerville, Elgin, Round Rock, Manor, Jollyville, and Wells Branch can easily access our dentist near you. Book an appointment with us today.